Details about theÂ Cycling facilities:
The Sunny Coast Resort and Spa hotel is the perfect self-catering base for your cycling holiday in Malta. The resortâ€™s accommodation includes a selection of room types, each of which is fully fitted with a range of facilities to ensure maximum comfort. Discover unforgettable landscapes rich in history and culture whilst staying at the Sunny Coast Resort. Once you get to the resort, have a chat with our friendly reception staff and they will give you all the necessary information you might be after.
The hotel offers a designated room where you can store your bicycle safely at no extra charge. This room is fully equipped with the needed tools and equipment to make sure that your bicycle remains in good condition, while you enjoy the rest of your stay with us. Have a look at the list of available bike tools and equipment below.
Bike Tools and Equipment:
- Professional Bike Repair Stand
- Cone Wrenches
- Cable Cutter
- Chain Rivet Tool
- Chain Ring Nut Wrench
- Chain Wear Indicator
- Spoke Wrench
- Crank Puller
- Air Pump
- Bottom Bracket Tool
- Lock Ring Remover
- Wheel Nut Tool
- Free Wheel Turner
- Hex Key
- Y â€“ Hex Key
- Working Bench
- Power Wash
(The management reserves the right to remove or change any of the above tools or equipment without notice)
Here are some possible routes that might interest you:
The routes both commence from near the Roman Villa in Rabat, with Route 1 being the South West Route while Route 2 is the North West Route. Some places of interest along Route 1 include Buskett Gardens, Dingli Cliffs, Girgenti Valley, Maqluba & Limestone Heritage. Places of interest along Route 2 include Bahrija, Mosta, Taâ€™ Qali and Dingli. Route 3 is a 42km coastal route around Gozo.
- Loops – facilitate logistics.
- Convenient Starting Points â€“ Rabat for Routes 1 & 2 (Malta), Mgarr ferry port for route 3 (Gozo).
- Safety – avoided primary roads wherever possible.
- Gradient â€“ kept gradient safe and close to SIBIT requirements when viable.
- Focused in less frequented areas, balancing historical attractions, countryside and villages.
- Distances are medium (25-45 km).
- Appropriate for mountain bikes.
- Food, drink and other facilities along the way.
Learn moreÂ about the Cycling facilities:
9:00 till 21:00
(opened on request)